Meet the Professor Sessions will be held on Thursday, May 12 and Friday, May 13 between 07:30 and 08:20. There is no need to register for these sessions. If the room
is full you may need to choose to attend a different session.
Meet the Professor Sessions provide participants the opportunity to be updated about the topic of interest in a highly interactive manner. Meet the Professor Sessions at the 2016 Meeting will consist of interactive case-based discussions each with a coordinator who will select and present cases and either one or two expert discussants. The conveners may frequently use case reports with questions regarding diagnosis and management.
Participants were encouraged to submit educational or controversial cases on one of the Meet the Professor session topics (see list below) via the "Clinical Education: A case or Case Series Report" theme of the abstract submission process.
Meet the Professor Session Topics:
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 1 - MANAGEMENT OF SEVERE VIRAL INFECTIONS IN IMMUNOCOMPROMISED PATIENTS - NEW ANTIVIRALS||12/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall B|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 2 - THE CHILD WITH FEVER RETURNING FROM HOT/SOUTHERN COUNTRIES /TOP TIPS FOR PAEDIATRIC TRAVEL MEDICINE ||12/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall C|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 3 - HIV IN THE 21ST CENTURY - CURRENT ISSUES/CHALLENGES||12/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall D|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 4 - NEONATAL INFECTIONS||12/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall E|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 5 - GROUP A STREP DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT||12/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall F|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 6 - HOW I MANAGE ANTIBIOTIC STEWARDSHIP ROUNDS WITH SURGEONS (INCLUDING PROPHYLAXIS)?||12/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall G|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 7 - WHEN ARE INFECTIONS RECURRENT?||12/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall H|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 8 - PAEDIATRIC INFECTIONS IN A HOT PLACE||12/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall I|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 9 - RECOGNITION OF SERIOUSLY ILL CHILDREN||13/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall B|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 10 - AUTOINFLAMMATORY CONDITIONS: DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT||13/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall C|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 11 - CHALLENGING MENINGITIS CASES||13/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall D|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 12 - ANTIBIOTICS IN UPPER RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS (OR NOT)||13/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall E|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 13- REFUGEE MEDICINE||13/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall F|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 14 - DIAGNOSIS OF FUNGAL INFECTIONS IN CHILDREN||13/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall G|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 15 - ETHICAL DILEMMAS IN PAEDIATRIC INFECTIOUS DISEASES||13/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall H|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 16- ADMISSION AND DISCHARGE DECISION MAKING IN ACUTE RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS||13/05/2016||07:30||08:20||Hall I|
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR CASE TO ONE OF THE MEET THE PROFESSOR SESSIONS:
Case submission is now closed
- Enter the abstract submission system.
- Please note: Only categories preceded by the letters "MTP" map to one of the Meet the Professor sessions of the Meeting.
- Should you wish to have your abstract considered as an educational or controversial case in one of these sessions, please select the Theme: Clinical Education: A case or Case Series Report, and the relevant Meet the Professor Session topic (out of the topics preceded by the letters "MTP"), from the dropdown menu . If you choose one of these categories your abstract MAY be considered for case presentation in one of the relevant MTP sessions.
- Complete the abstract submission process.
- Authors of cases selected for the MTP sessions will be informed so that they can come along and participate in the discussion.